Therapy stones are international and can be used in all cultures, for all ages. When we work with therapeutic stones, we bypass the rational part of thinking.
They help us to realise the dialogue between the inner and the outer, to bring underlying material to the surface. They are a springboard for our imagination, triggering whimsical associations that lead us to unexpected discoveries. Therapeutic stones help to remove the protective barriers of the psyche. They create conditions for self-disclosure and self-knowledge, creating a safe and comfortable environment.
Acting as a kind of mediator between a person and their inner world, the hand painted marble stones make it possible to reduce or circumvent resistance in psychotherapeutic work, to bring to the level of awareness deep experiences; to develop a creative vision and deepen creativity. Through work with therapeutic stones, the practitioner helps clients to develop self-awareness, uncover stable patterns of behaviour and defence mechanisms, work through and react to blocked emotions, and explore possibilities of change that will lead to more adaptive functioning.
By the end of the webinar you will have the opportunity to:
1) Learn methods, techniques and characteristics of using therapeutic stones in deep psychotherapeutic work.
2) Understand how to build the therapeutic process competently and safely; how to see, hear and be aware of what is going on with the client - and how to carry out therapeutic work effectively, responsibly and with high quality.
3) Know about different sets of therapeutic stones and their possibilities in the work of a psychologist, psychotherapist and counsellor in group and individual therapy;
4) Examine in practice the possibilities of a bag of emotions to work with the emotional state;
5) Learn how to use the stones in your work with your inner child.
Presenter - Katerina Bolshakova, Psychologist and Art Therapist
Katerina has a Master degree in psychology and is a teacher of psychological disciplines and a practicing psychologist in the Ukraine. She is an art therapist, trauma therapist and developer of methods for psychodiagnostic research into the art of painting on stones and the use of these skills in therapeutic activities.
For the past 3 years, Katerina has been focused on the development and implementation of expressive therapy techniques with painted stones in various types of therapy. In her private practice, she uses her hand painted stones in expressive therapy work appreciating that this allows client to interact directly with objects from nature.
Her background as an artist, led Katerina into hand painting beautiful expressions on small pieces of Greek marble. She now has a thriving practice selling these evocative images on stones to an appreciative expressive therapies community internationally.
In addition to her psychology studies and practice, Katerina graduated from art school and has been teaching art at school for 24 years.
Live webinars will be run on:
23 August 2021, 7.00pm - 8.30pm AEST
1 November 2021, 7.00pm - 8.30pm AEDT
Please note, this is a LIVE and INTERACTIVE training event. We don't record this.